Yes you read that right, eggrolls filled with apple pie filling! They really are as good as it sounds, and takes less time than a pie does. I made these for our Valentines dinner, they were a perfect ending to our steak and potatoes dinner.
You’ll need your favorite apple pie filling recipe and egg roll wrappers.
You want a small dice.
Let the apples get soft.
If you wanted to make it a caramel apple pie, add in 3 or 4 pieces of the baking caramel bits. I tried this and they were pretty good. Also these are delicious served with a bit of ice cream!
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
I used my go to recipe for apple pie filling just scaled down.
Makes about 10
2 tbsp butter
3 apples, cut into small dice
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
Egg rolls wrappers
- Cut your apples into small dice
- Melt butter in small pan add apples, cinnamon and sugar.
- Cook until the apples have softened, about 8 minutes depending on size of dice.
- Lay out a wrapper. You want it to look like a diamond in front of you. Then add about a tablespoon of filling. Fold in the two side corners, then the bottom one up and roll. Dip your finger in a bit of water and wet the corner left and seal it to the top.
- Place on a pan and bake in a 400°F oven for about 12 minutes. Until brown and crispy.