Hubby loves a great apple pie, and I like to make them for him, they take a lot of time and work though. That’s why I opt for smaller versions, like these Apple Pie Eggrolls I made a while back, and now I have found this new twist. These roses are made using apples and crescent roll dough, simple and perfect!
|Adding sugar to the apples/|
|Be sure to lay them this way. I tried a few with them pointing up, they did not look right, see below.|
|Ready to get baked.|
What you’ll need
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 2 large apples
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- A squirt of lemon juice
- 5 tbsp sugar combined with 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven as directed by crescent roll can
- Wash and core apples, then thinly slice. Be sure to leave the peel on.
- Place apples, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and lemon juice into a pan and cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until pliable but not mushy.
- Drain apples and let dry.
- Roll out crescent roll sheet. Pinch together any seams that have torn.
- Sprinkle dough with cinnamon sugar mixture. Over dough, make sure it is evenly covered.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 6 equal strips, about an inch wide
- Taking the apples lay them along the strip of dough. Lay them so that the round part is at the edge of the strip like pictured above.
- Carefully roll the strip up into a rose. This took me a couple tries before they looked right, so just be patient.
- Place them into a greased cupcake tin, and bake for 20 minutes until dough is nice and golden.
These are delicious alone but would be even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.