I love making cupcakes just about as much as I enjoying eating them. Vanilla is one of the hardest to make with the right consistency and flavor. This recipe comes right up there with the best.
Makes 15 cupcakes
1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup buttermilk (I used powdered buttermilk)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set flour mix aside. (if you are using powwdered buttermilk add in here)
- In the mixer, beat eggs with the whisk attachment on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
- add sugar and continue to beat until combined.
- Add oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed
- Reduce mixer speed to medium/low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture, mix a few seconds. Add half of the buttermilk (or water if using powder milk) mix for a until combined. Then add the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. Make sure there are no clumbs. The batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin pan. Fill to about ½ full. I use a cupcake scoop so that they are all even.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes at 350°F. Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled to room temp, pipe on the frosting.
1 stick unsalted butter softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
1-2 tbsp maple extract
1-2 tbsp milk, or water if needed to loosen it up
- Combine butter and sugar together until consistency is smooth.
- Add in salt and extract, taste to make sure its strong as you want it.
- Add milk or water until consistency needed is achieved
These turned out fluffy and delicious! I love maple frosting it is one of my favorite to make.