Who doesn’t love mini cupcakes? I know they have always been a favorite of mine, and these mini Easter cupcakes don’t disappoint. There are so many adorable designs for Spring and Easter cupcakes and I decided to go with a simple grass technique and some Easter candies for my contribution to Easter lunch.
I made these pink velvet cupcakes in my baby cakes cupcake maker. I love this thing! It takes just minutes to have 6 perfectly cooked cupcakes. Perfect for when I just want a couple cupcakes each or want to test recipes or designs.
To ice I used OXO Good Grips that were sent to me a couple years ago for participating in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I have no idea why I waited so long to use them, they are great. They made icing so much faster. No hand cramps or air bubbles make for a smoother process.
To make the grass and egg cupcakes you will need:
- A favorite Icing homemade or store-bought
- green food coloring I used Wilton Leafe Green
- piping bag or OXO Good Grips
- Wilton #233 tip
- Robbin Eggs
- To make the icing a great green color add in icing by dipping a toothpick into the color and swirling it around in the icing. I used two toothpicks and had to drop a little extra into it to get the color I wanted. Remember you can always add more but you can’t take it out. Stir it around very well to make sure there are no white spots.
- Fill up your piping container.
- Take a cupcake and pipe on the grass. The tip needs to be about 1/4 inch above your cupcake. Squeeze until the icing is at the length you want and then stop completely before you pull up. This will give you the cleanest look.
- Add in two or three eggs and you are done.
Note: If you don’t like malted milk balls then you may not want Robbin Eggs. Jelly Beans, M&M eggs or pastel color would work here just as well.
Here is a video of me making them. This is my first video so I am still getting the hang of it.