It’s my TRIMAVERSARY! I’m sure you are thinking, her what? Well today I have been on my Trim Healthy Mama journey for a full year, and what a great year it has been! If you do not know what the Trim Healthy Mama Plan is, click here to learn more about it. I have shared some updates along the way and many tasty recipes that are on plan. Today I want to share some before and after pictures and a few more tips that have really helped me throughout this year.
Now some may be thinking that since I made it to my goal weight or that it has been a year that it is time to go back to regular eating. I am here to say that that is just not happening. This has become a way of life, I retrained myself how to eat and how I plan out my menus. It has made me feel amazing and when I stray far from plan my body feels the consequences and that is enough to make me want to stick to what I know is good. This plan is so much more than a way to lose weight, it is the way to get your body healthier, to balance your body out and feed it delicious wholesome food that makes you feel good, the weight loss is just an added benefit.
Alright, let’s get to what I managed to accomplish in a year. I would say from the whole year I was on plan 85% of the time, I enjoyed some treats or let myself have something I was craving here and there, but for the most part, I stuck to it. I did gain some weight back and then lost it again so I technically lost more then I have reported because it the same pounds were gained back and then lost again.
Total Lost:20 pounds I am now at the goal weight I set and have a normal BMI (which doesn’t really matter but its nice). I am down 3 pant sizes from starting and 4 from my heaviest. I kept forgetting to track inches but size says a lot and my thighs are smaller than they were for sure. Other than just straight losing my body sort of reshaped itself as well, so in some places, I look like I lost more.
Looking at these pictures blows me away. That is the same shirt a snug fitting medium, the day that it fit and didn’t pull at my stomach much I was so excited. I can’t believe that now I grab it without even thinking about what pants I’m wearing with it or if it’s too tight for what I am doing because it loosely hangs over my stomach! Look at that side picture, can you see where my double chin melted away!
I had gotten used to how my face looked and wasn’t seeing how round it really had gotten. When I started losing and could see a defined chin I was excited and when one day I realized my double chin was going away I did a happy dance because I thought it would never be gone. Hubby is on plan too about 70% of the time and lost too!
More THM Tips
Go check out this post for my beginner’s tips. And here are 5 more tips
- Set small goals and reward yourself with little gifts when you reach them, not junk food.
- Know that it won’t be an overnight fix. It took your body a long time to get how it is, it will need time to get back to where you want it.
- If you less to lose like I did, it can take a while, so don’t get discouraged if you aren’t dropping like you want.
- Look for other things to aim for other than pounds lost. The scale is a big fat liar and should not be in control of how you feel about yourself. Yes, it’s nice to see the number drop, but your weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds in a day and the next be down 6, so don’t rely just on it. Think about your energy levels, aches and pains, feeling bloated, hunger levels, even mood swings, and of course how your clothes fit. These can all be affected way before it is reflected on the scale.
- Know it is a CHOICE. Everything you eat or not eat is a choice you get to make. If you choose to go off plan here and there that’s fine. Don’t fall into a hole because you wanted a cupcake or because there wasn’t a perfect on plan choice at a get-together, enjoy the moment and start back over in 3 hours. Once you realize that you have the freedom to make those choices then you get rid of the guilt and fear that many diets cause.
My Favorite Meals
Sweet Potatoes roasted in the oven with 1/2 a chicken breast. My favorite E meal, we could eat this every night.
Brown Rice, 3/4 cup, and a 1/4-1/2 of a chicken breast makes a great E lunch.
Coconut oil fried eggs and 2 slices of bacon. My S breakfast most days.
Steak and green bean fries. An S meal that tastes too good to be on plan.
Chicken Enchiladas an amazing S dinner.
Taco Skillet, a cross-over that makes me smile. Recipe coming soon.
I love the recipes that I have up on this site too and make them often, but these simple meals are my go tos because they take little ingredients and time to make.
I hope this has encouraged you. If you have any questions, comments, or would like to see your favorite recipe THM-ified leave a comment or send me an email I love hearing from you.