The other night I was on the hunt for something fun to cook, I went through my recipes from past classes and spotted these Chinese ribs that were so so delicious. Looking for a side I decided to try out Lo Mein.
For the Ribs you need
Country style ribs
½ oz Ketchup
½ oz Soy Sauce
½ oz Rice wine vinegar
½ oz Sake
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the ribs on a cooling rack over a little water, season with salt and pepper. Cook at 375°F for 30 minutes
- Mix all the other ingredients together.
- Coat them in sauce and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Check and make sure they are at 145°F internal. Add the rest of the sauce on top and let sit for about 20 minutes.
For the Lo Mein
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp garlic powder
1 garlic clove, finally chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 package of KAME Hokkien Stir Fry Noodles (spaghetti works as well)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Open both packets of noodles and put into skillet or wok with a bit of oil to warm them up. Once they are soft and warmed up put them on a plate to the side.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil into the pan and let warm. Then add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add in the mushrooms and saute until they are soft and shrank a bit.
- Add the noodles back and stir in the sauce. Mix until the noodles are all evenly coated in sauce.