There is nothing nicer then ice cream on a hot summer day. Memorial Day is the beginning of summer in my book. I have been seeing recipes for no churn ice cream, no need for an ice cream maker, sounded worth a shot to me!
I found a recipe that was a basic vanilla and wanted to see what I could do with it. I have this issue with cookie dough ice cream they always have a ton of chocolate chips in them that just bother me, they just make the texture less creamy and I don’t like them. So making my own I didn’t have to put the pesky things in the ice cream. I did use the same batter for the cookie dough just not chips, I did add a little chocolate in there so that there are a few pieces for flavor.
Basic Vanilla Base
2 cups heavy cream
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp vanilla extract
¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp white sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup to 1 cup flour
3 tsp of chocolate chips if wanted
- Make the cookie dough first. Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add in the milk and vanilla mix until well combined.
- Then add in the flour and mix just until it is all mixed in. Add in chocolate chips here.
- Spread onto waxed or parchment paper, in a thin layer. Then put in the fridge for about 30 minutes until it is set up.
- For the Ice Cream Base: Put the heavy cream in the bowl of a mixer and whip until stiff peaks form about 4-6 minutes. I went a little too long on mine and it was a bit passed peaks.
- Combine the condensed milk and vanilla. Fold in the cream into the mixture until well combined.
- Cut or break the dough into small pieces. Then fold them into the ice cream base.
- Poor into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap or foil.
- Freeze overnight or a minimum of 5 hours until firmed.
So delicious and so rich. The cookie dough is really sweet especially combined with the ice cream! If you like your cookie dough to be a bit more firm add in extra flour. It seems to be softer then it should be when your eating the ice cream, and it starts to warm up. I can not wait to try more ice cream recipes!!
Do you make homemade ice cream? If you do do you use a machine or do you do it this way? I would love to see some of your recipes! Paste a link to your favorite recipe you use. Next up for me is cookies and cream!!