I am a big fan of cookies and sweet treats, that really should be no surprise. On the Trim Healthy Mama plan it is encouraged to enjoy treats on a regular basis. It isn’t always easy to find a treat that taste great and is still on plan. But these are on plan, delicious, and no one will guess there is a special ingredient in them.
Chocolate Cookies -THM S
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2/3 cup 100 % Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Pyure
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Frozen dieced Okra (slightly thawed)
- 1 cup melted Coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix flours, cocoa, baking soda, salt and pyure together.
- In a blender combine okra and eggs, until the okra is broken down. While blending pour in the coconut oil until it is all combined well. This is important if the oil is still warm so the eggs don’t start to cook.
- Add the liquids into the mixer bowl. Mix on medium until well mixed. You can use a handheld mixer too, stiring by hand though will be difficult because of the stickiness.
- Using a small cookie scoop place them about 1/2 inch apart on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let sit for a 1 minute on pan then cool on cooling rack.