I’m sure you have heard of zoodles, Pinterest has had them for quite some time now. I have been wanting to try them for a while but just wasn’t sure if they would be very good. I needed lunch for the week and had a bunch of zucchinis that I was going to cut up to put into my stir fry but decided to use my spiralizer to make some noodles!
What you need:
- Zucchini (I had 4)
- A spiralizer, a big one that sits on the cabinet or a handheld one
- Pot of water
- Dash of salt
- Wash zucchini
- Use the desired thickness. On my handheld spiralizer, I used the thin setting, the bigger one I used the middle thickness. Spiralize as directed.
- Fill a pot with water, add some salt and bring to a boil.
- Add in the zoodles and let them come back to a boil. Cook until they are tender. About 5-7 minutes.
- When they are done drain them, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Top with any sauce you like. I added just a canned sauce that I liked.
It was perfect with chicken breasts for lunches!
Have you made any veggie noodles? Have you used a spiralizer before? I would love to see some of your healthy versions of favorite dinners.