The next part of my THM Basics series focuses on Deep S foods. I discussed S foods in this post. Today we are going to go a bit deeper and talk about more of a pure S or fatty meal.
Deep S foods are those that have a pure source of fat. Common Deep S foods are; coconut oil, eggs, butter and most dark meats. I discussed how S meals and the healthy fats that they have help your cells to dump out the sugar that is stored in them. These unprocessed sources of fat help even more with this process.
When you are eating a Deep S meal or day there will be NO carbs; dairy, nuts, fruits, starchy vegetables, grains or beans. While some of these are allowed in a regular S setting, they do not help you have a pure fatty meal, which is the goal of a deep S meal.
When to have a Deep S
- as always it is good to mix it up and keep your body guessing.
- after a cheat meal or day, it is great to have a Deep S to start back. It helps dump the sugar and will make you feel satisfied.
- on a fuel cycle
- I eat a Deep S for breakfast most days. Eggs cooked in coconut oil with some greens added when I need more food.
Deeps S foods
|pure fats: coconut oil||extra virgin olive oil||real butter|
|fatty meats: chicken||beef||leafy greens|
Foods Not Allowed in Deep S
|dairy||yogurt||fruit of any kind||berries|
|starchy veggies||potatoes||sugar||sweet potatoes|
Deep S Meal ideas
- Eggs in coconut oil or butter with spinach
- Coconut oil fried chicken pieces with sauteed veggies
- Skinny chocolate
- Baked chicken with a green salad with oil and vinegar dressing
- A plate of leafy greens with salmon, chicken or beef, with some EVOO and vinegar
- and many many more are out there
More information can be found in the Higher Learning chapter of the Trim Healthy Mama Plan book.